We take your privacy as seriously as we take our own. You can see details below but at a high level we try to minimize the information we collect as much as is reasonably possible. Every time we add a feature we first think if it invades a user’s privacy at all and if it does we only do so if we think it will add value to those users.
What information do we collect?
The following is a list of all the information we may collect that you may consider sensitive. (This is subject to change as we add more features).
- Why: To allow you to receive shared content by first proving you control the email address the content was sent to.
- When: When someone tries to send you content or when you create an account.
- How long: If you don't create an account, we do not store it at all. However, if you have an account, we keep it until you delete it.
- Why: To provide a better and more secure experience for logging into your account.
- When: When you create an account.
- How long: Until you sign out or delete your account.
- Why: To facilitate the transfer of it from the sender to the receiver
- When: When someone tries to send you content.
- How long: We only store the content on our serves until it is canceld by the sender, accepted by the receiver, or expires
How do we protect your information?
All information is contained on a secured server and is only accessible to us (Learn Brigade).
We use Google Analytics to collect basic usage data on our website, but we do not allow google to use the information. Google Analytics stores Cookies on your computer that your web browser passes to Google server to track the visits to the site of a particular visitor. It collects the following information anonymously:
- What website you came from
- How long you stay for
- What kind of computer, operating system, and browser you're using
- You're screen resolution
- You're service provider
These are all things that you browser includes in a request to any site you visit. We hope to use this information to improve the site. If you do not want to be tracked, I encourage you to use a tool like Ghostery to block the tracking.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information and never will. We think this is a gross business tactic and would rather go out of business than resort to it.