Recently we introduced a “news” section on the home screen of Notecards. Our goal with this section is to enhance your experience with the app and ultimately your ability to learn. But, if you find it distracting, we also provide a setting to turn it off. Before we show you exactly how to do that, we would like to provide more detail about what we are planning to use it for.
The news at any given time will only ever contain a few items. They will be in the following categories:
- Critical Bugs - We try our very best to avoid creating any bugs, but, in the event of a critical problem, we will use the news section to let you know while we work on the fix.
- Study Tips - Short tips on how you can improve your study habits. If you have any study tips of your own, we would love to hear about them so we can share them with the rest of the community!
- Tutorials - Tutorials on how you can use the app more effectively. We design Notecards to be simple and accessible to new users but there are also more advanced features available.
- Feature Announcements - Over time we will be making Notecards even more powerful and we will use the news section to let you know so you can take advantage of them.
- Surveys - Occasionally we may post surveys in order to learn how to serve the community better and make better software.
- Newly Available Content - We will always support users who only want to create and study their own content. However, we also have plans to begin selling pre-made content. When we reach that point, we will provide a separate setting to turn off only this type of news.
We will never include:
- 3rd Party Ads - Personally we hate ads and find them distracting. It is hard to learn effectively if you are being distracted. Selling and showing ads will never be a part of our business model.
If you have any concerns with what we will include in the news section, please let us know. If you still want to turn off the news section, you will find the option within settings. You get to settings from the home screen by tapping the gear icon in the upper right.
Once in the settings, there is a switch in the “Interface” section that will allow you to turn news on and off.